Reason 5 பரிக்ரஹாதிசயதோ - Upheld by Shastras & Elders
Widely accepted over generation and recommended by elders.
Emperuman has 1000 names. This has been told in many places in our scriptures.
- In Mahabarat’s Sabaparvath – “Devo Namasahasravan” explaining that Bhagawan has 1000 names.
- In the Gajendra moksham – “Bhagawan 1000 subhamana thirunamangalai udaiyavan, Piravi illatha Adidevan Sarvaswami”
- The introductory and phala shruthi verses of SriVishnu Sahasranamam explains its greatness too
- Ayur Veda the great Vaidhya Sastram explains the greatness of Vishnu Sahasranamam.
- The 1000 names of Vishnu in Vishnusahasranamam is a great cure for diseases, fever which is explained in the Charaka Samhita. Verse which explains this is – “Vishnum Sahasramoorthanam Sarasarapathim Visham suthvan nama sahasrena Juvaran sarvan vypohathi”
- Modern reasearchers have also explained the great impact of Sahasranamam.
- Meham, ShayaRogam, Juvara Visheshangal are curable through Purusha Suktham and Vishnu Sahasranamam.
- In the kavya’s homam with Sahasranama parayanam with Vayu suktham has been suggested.
- Those who perform sahasra bhojanam, as a prayaschittam [repentance] and wherein thousand brahmins would be fed, each one of them has to be nominated by one nama of SriVishnuSahasranamam
- Kadambari is considered as a very excellent literary work of Bhana Bhatta in Sanskrit . He talks about parayanam of Narayana Sahasranamam in the labour room.
- Today Sahasranama parayanam is suggested for poison, pisasam, diseases, GrahaPeedai, Bad dreams, Bad omen
- Sahasranamam parayanam is suggested both for this world’s pleasure and also path to attain moksham.
- Sahasranamam parayanam can be done by everyone including women and irrespective of varna. The rules that are laid to learn Veda’s does not exist to learn Vishnu sahasranamam.
All the above reasons adds to the greatness of VishnuSahasranamam and has been widely suggested and accepted by our elders over generations.